Saturday, June 24, 2006

A Stride in the right direction

This week went exactly as planned. This easy running is really starting to seem easy too. Here is what I did this week:

Sunday: 40 minutes, 7.44km at 5:21, An out and back on a dirt country road, even got a sun burn.
Monday: off
Tuesday: 30 minutes, 5.75km at 5:13, on grass
Wednesday: 32 minutes, 6.13km at 5:15, on road and dirt track
Thursday: 30 minutes, 6.04km at 4:59, on paved trail (Don River)
Friday: off (walk and stretch)
Saturday: 30 minutes, 5.87km at 5:01, on chip gravel trail (South Huron)

Time to bump it up for next week, I'll use an average of 5:11/km to determine my time to get the distance of 42km, with 25% of that for tomorrow. 42km @ 5:10 pace is about 3:37:00 total time.

Sunday: 10.5km or about 55 minutes,
Monday: off
Tuesday: 7.875 or about 41 minutes
Wednesday: 7.875 or about 41 minutes
Thursday: 7.875 or about 41 minutes
Friday: off
Saturday:7.875 or about 41 minutes

The right hamstring still bugs me a little a few hours after the run, but it happens more after the days when I run with a really short stride or my push off is just done with my legs up to the knee. (I think that this is the sitting in a bucket feeling that mike has talked about) I find that I need to use my legs all the way up to my gluts muscle. It helps keep me from getting a bouncing feeling and I feel lighter. I guess you can say I am still trying to find the best running technique that will be the most efficient and smoothest. I have also been trying to land as lightly as possible as jack Daniel's states "like running on egg shells."

No comments: